Increase Your Specialty Clinic Revenue with Community Involvement
Posted on May 16, 2017
Increasing Revenue For Your Specialty Clinic
Good name, in man or woman--to borrow from Shakespeare-- is the immediate jewel of their souls. The same might be said of a specialty clinic's reputation. It's certainly important for your private practice to be known, but even more than that, it's important that it have a solid reputation. One of the best ways to do this is to grow engagement with your community. Spend as much money as you please on advertising, but the real return on investment comes when that investment is in the community. If you're not building your reputation in the community, your potential patients will go to the competitor who is.
Ways Your Specialty Clinic Can Get Involved With The Community
This is true whether you run an orthopedics practice, a behavioral health clinic, or anything in between. If you're already involved in your community, great! If you're not, or are looking for new ways to engage, try these suggestions:
- Support Community Events. Yeah, sponsoring the kids' fun run doesn't get you quite as much exposure as, say, a Super Bowl commercial, but it means a lot more to your potential patients. Having your brand pop up in programs for the symphony and summer league baseball team keeps your practice front of mind for when potential patients need you.
- Be Local. Hand out branded reusable grocery bags at the farmers' market. Show the community how committed your specialty clinic is to good health.
- Host events. Educate the local population on your areas of expertise. Host seminars and informational meetings (with delicious refreshments) so they can acquaint themselves with what you do and who you are.
- Get into schools. The children are the future -- and your future patients. Sponsor health fairs, offer free training for student athletes, and invest in the youth.
- Pictures or it didn't happen! Do all these great things, but absolutely do not forget to give yourself some credit for it. Announce your community investments on your social media platforms and if you're having an event, be sure to alert the local media with a press release or tweet.
When you do these things for your community, you are telling your audience that you are truly invested in them. This, of course, is not only the right thing to do, it's the financially savvy thing to do. When potential patients are already familiar with your practice and have positive feelings about it, they are much more likely to choose you than your competition. In fact, chances are they won't even consider the competition. They'll just come to you. So, while these small investments may not seem like a big deal, they will pay off big time in the end.
About Legato Healthcare Marketing:
We are a healthcare marketing agency headquartered in De Pere, Wisconsin. We provide specialized marketing solutions to healthcare environments including rural health, specialty clinics, behavioral health & addiction treatment centers, medical equipment companies, and healthcare solutions companies.
Subscribe to Our Blog