Digital Strategies to Help Recruit Physicians to Your Specialty Practice
Jan. 19, 2018
Your organization can't provide healthcare to patients without physicians! However, a physician shortage is predicted in the coming years, so it's important to begin conceptualizing your physician recruitment strategy now so you can be prepared for the changing patient/provider landscape. So, what's the key to being found by new providers searching for a position right out of medical school? And how do you reach established providers looking for a change, and convince them that your organization is the place to be?
It all starts with a unified marketing strategy, and the good news is you don't need a large budget. Consider the website optimization Legato has done with digestive health physician practice GI Associates, located in Wausau, WI. The goal was to attract more physicians, and Legato began with the website's career opportunity landing page. Using the five best practices below, Legato was able to improve the website's user experience (UX) and came one step closer to becoming visible to physicians seeking an open position:
- Understand your audience's values. Leveraging your organization's Unique Selling Proposition (USP) will set the foundation for your headline, supporting headline, body content, and closing argument. In GI Associates' case, emphasizing the clinic's impact on patients in north and central Wisconsin, as well as its longstanding history, and location benefits were vital elements to include on this webpage.
- Capture attention visually. Including dynamic graphic elements such as photos of your building, photos taken in the community, and photos of your providers will guide the eye throughout the page and make it easy to keep reading. Following GI Associates' brand standards, we upheld certain colors, fonts, and icon elements for the landing page to ensure there was consistency with the other pages on the website.
- Make content easy to digest. A list summary of benefits conveys important information, without bogging the page down with too many details. Your audience has an average attention span of about 8 seconds. Make an impression and avoid graphical clutter by using bite-sized phrases and sentences. Also, be sure to do your research for the most commonly searched keywords in your geographic area. Making your landing page search engine optimized will allow you to rank higher in online searches.
- Include trust indicators. Using provider testimonials can drive home your point. After all, no one is better at explaining why they love working at your organization than your own employees. You can take it another step further by incorporating video testimonials, to really capture the individuality of each provider's story.
- Set up an easy conversion goal. Here's the most important element of the entire landing page: You need to include a Call-To-Action (CTA). This can be done with or without a form. Make sure your CTA is clear and eye-catching, and make it as streamlined as possible, so users don't need to click multiple times to arrive at the end goal.
Fortunately, Legato complemented the efforts of a selected recruiting agency and was able to share in GI Associates' success, as growth in this area was achieved. Of course, a digital strategy is only one component of an overall recruitment plan. To maximize your efforts, a unified, comprehensive strategy is most effective.
For more tips on physician recruitment, or best practices for your website, consider using a Legato mentor as part of your team. Contact us here.